Thursday 17 October 2013

Logos

I looked at Ben and Jerry's logo because i thought it was nice how they had type but also a picture behind it to make it look interesting. I also like the colours they have used because it makes it look appealing and it is an icon image to remember. For the refectory, it may he nice to have something like this, an iconic picture that people will remember, this could be printing on various of things around the refectory.
This is the Hard Rock Cafe logo. The colours it used bounce of each other to attract the eye more. The colours work well becuase it still looks so simple but there is a lot going on still. I think the typeface looks nice to because it is quite trendy and will appeal to most generations. 

I looked at Gregg's which is a chain of bakeries. I think that the orange and blue are good becuase they are complementary colours. This means both the colours complement each other and the white just breaks up the logo a little to give your eyes a rest. 
This is the logo for Taco Bell, an Mexican restaurant. The colours used are analogous colours, next to each other on the colour wheel, this helps it harmonanise with each other and makes
it easy to look at. But they also have the hello contrasting with the purple, this draws your eye into the yellow. I really like this logo becuase of the colours. However I think the type is pretty boring, but that may be good becuase there is so much colour used.
This logo is Nintendo. It is a very simple logo, but I think it is still effective becuase it is well know everywhere. I think the type is simple but it is very nice and the Kearning is evenly spaced which is nice, also the circular box is around it, it just finishes it off. The colours are very simple but I think this helps make it easier to remember and makes it more recognisable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment