Wednesday 16 October 2013

Colour theory

This is a handout we got given to learn more about colours.
I made my own colour wheel to ensure i understood about the colours. It went wrong on the orange colours because there was no pure orange swatch, so I had to make a pure orange swatch. 

We had to make a complementry colour pattern, I chose green and red, however these two colours together made my head hurt becuase they are such strong colours. 
This is another complemently colour pattern, however this one I used softer colours so it would be easier to look at, and it worked, the colours work well together and bounce off of each other. 
For this pattern I used analogous colours which are colours next to each other on the colour wheel. My dominant colour is green, and my support colour is light blue, for my third colour I mixed some black into the blue, this is then called an accent colour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment